Here is the answer to the contest:
I received correct answers from Christine, Kessa, Jacki, Laila, Julie, Lois and Nancy who has an apt surname…Barker! We will have another logic puzzle – The Knitting Grannies!
FIve grannies have been knitting CHristmas gifts. Can you tell me the christian and surname of each granny and what they knitted and in what colour?
1. Louise, who is not Mrs Grey, did not knit the Scarf or the Blue item.
2. Mrs Grey knitted in either Red or Blue, but did not knit the Sweater (which wasn’t Green).
3. Grace, Pat, Mrs Smith, the lady who knitted the Gloves and the lady who used Yellow wool are all different people.
4. No granny has a first name & surname beginning with the same letter.
5. Sybil does not have the surname Brown and Louise does not have the surname Smith.
6. Neither the Sweater or Hat was knitted with Yellow wool.
7. The Cardigan was knitted by Grace or Pat, but not in Green or Black.
8. Mrs Smith or the lady that knitted with Black wool made the Hat.
9. Mrs Brown did not knit with Black or Blue and she did not knit Gloves.
10. Mrs Truman did not knit with Yellow wool.
Answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with Grannies as the subject by midnight Friday please!
John and Slip have gone fishing – they must be mad! It is so cold with a northerly wind. Jackson and I have the radiators on full blast……whilst the cat’s away………….!!
I am going to pack some parcels now and then make a chicken dish with ginger, star anise, soy sauce and various other oriental spices. Back tomorrow.